Senior Interactive Designer
Helios Interactive: A Freeman Company / Senior Interactive Designer
Senior Interactive Designer: February 2020 - Present
Designer - Digital Graphics : December 2017 - February 2020
Junior Interactive Designer: June 2017 - December 2017
• Acting Creative Director and Lead Designer on an internally-developed CMS and content portal product that has been deployed at trade shows and conferences
• Acting Creative Director and Lead Designer on a comprehensive mobile application for the Atlanta Hawks, the first of its kind for our studio
• Design interfaces for a range of projects including mobile products and VR/AR experiences
• Facilitate user testing sessions, beginning with paper prototypes and developing into high-fidelity prototypes
• Lead biweekly company brainstorming sessions to ideate on client RFP and organize ideas for client pitches, as well as lead monthly design team meetings
BlackBox Biometrics / Product Design Intern
May 2016 - May 2017
• Lead creative, including UX, UI, and brand implementation, for two mobile products to sync with wearable devices
• Redesigned and implemented brand guidelines for large-scale trade show material, print-outs, pitch decks
Explor-A-World / Freelance Designer
August 2016 - December 2016
• Assembled a curriculum workbook for Explor-A-World students learning a new language
• Strengthened print-based skills, such as layout and icon design
T-Mark International / Web Design Intern
June 2015 - August 2015
• Created UI components to launch Inspire-Her, a website dedicated to highlighting the achievements of women athletes and entrepreneurs
• Designed internal marketing materials
Leadership + Involvement
HexagonUX / Editorial Lead
January 2020 - Present
Hexagon is a non-profit organization aimed to empower and support womxn and non-binary folx in UX. I lead visioning for content and editorial on the HexagonUX Medium team. This includes planning and writing content, planning monthly themes, and sourcing community submissions.
#BUILTBYGIRLS / Career Advisor
January 2019 - Present
I advise high school/early college-aged young women interested in tech about my role and my career journey, as well as discussing their own possible career trajectories. I also facilitate professional industry connections to jump-start their professional network, and provide feedback on portfolios.
Technovation / Annual Judge
April 2019 - Present
I score and provide feedback to teams of girls ages 10-18 who have conceptualized, branded, and developed mobile applications that address problems they see in their community. I love having the opportunity to offer industry insight and guidance on how to improve their pitches and demo videos, and to encourage them to pursue their passions in their chosen industries.
Ladies Storm Hackathon / Mentor
May 2019 - October 2020
I offer career deep-dives and industry insight to young women who are typically college-aged or looking to transition into tech from another industry.
California Music Center / Events Marketing Manager
July 2018 - October 2018
I worked closely with CMC's Board of Directors to plan and execute the marketing campaign for their charity gala to raise funds for music education. My roles included creating and posting social media graphics, and advertising our auction prizes.
TypeThursday SF / Dialogue Lead
May 2018 - January 2019
I facilitated typography-focused design critiques for attendees and presenters, who ranged from seasoned design professionals to students just starting to dabble in design. We provided constructive, actionable feedback and foster a sense of community for TT attendees.
Rochester Institute of Technology
BFA New Media Design, Magna Cum Laude 2017
Adobe Creative Suite